Allergy Season Is Getting Worse...
If you feel like your seasonal allergies are worse than usual this year, we have good news and bad news. The bad news is that expert says this is because climate change causes warmer weather and higher carbon dioxide levels, both of which allow plants to flourish and cause higher levels of pollen. The good news is that massage helps encourage circulation & lymphatic drainage all throughout the body. Massage is one of the best natural remedies for relieving allergies and asthma symptoms. Traditional Chinese medicine has been using reflexology to battle seasonal allergies for centuries.
Other Solutions for spring allergies
1. Wear a hat and sunglasses when outdoors.
2. Keep your windows closed and use central air conditioning with air filtration.
3. Rinse the inside of your nose with a nasal rinse to flush out and remove pollens you have inhaled into your nasal passages.
4. Change and wash clothes worn during outdoor activities, and dry your laundry in a clothes dryer, not outdoors.
5. Remove your shoes before entering your home.
Allergic reactions happen when your immune system overreacts to allergens, which are normally harmless, but can trigger some of us all the same. In the case of seasonal allergies, pollen is the main culprit, and Dr. Ogden says that since pollen counts get higher every year, our allergies are getting worse. "The pollen can act as an irritant for a lot of people — not necessarily an allergy, but it provokes nasal passage and lungs," Dr. Elliott says.
A recent medical research measuring its effectiveness showed that “massage therapy has a significantly positive effect” on asthma patients, improving their pulmonary function. Talk to us and let us help you with Spring Allergies.